Saturday, September 24, 2011

For my New Reader

Well , it is nice to be back; back in this cloistered monastic cavern of my own. where only the shards of light are sucked in . This is not a discussion stie . More of a Saadam or Gaadafi podium .
No one argues here .
Uno voce !
I will abide no contrarian opinion. I will treat any such to ''Reductio ad absurdum ''
Some of the things - possibly all - here are dated, and I take no responsibility for them !
I'm weary of these sites howeever as this week alone , my email was hacked into sending mesages all over the place - I abandonded trying to write one common apology , but i do believe it is possible to do this.
Next my ID to acces my bank a/c was foiled- you get 3 tries, when the second try failed I contacted my bank who ' oversaw ' my 3 rd go; this also failed. All of this required that I had to get a new ID and password. Then I noticed that the Norton software was not affording me complete pprotection , so I followed the links and downloaded a patch to fix the problem . THe patch wouldnt run .
I contacted my server. There seemed to be something lacking in the spontaneity with which she replied to me " what I'd like you to do Don....- pause for 3 mins '' - ''' are you still there ''
I asked her where she was ringing from - the Philipines . Then she took over the running of my computor. - no hands .. my mouse skidded this way and that , save-click- run click...
then she told me she could take over the rest from there and I could hang up.

It was curiouser and curioser the more I thought about it. ant the confluence of these 3 things.
Am i being managed from abroad.?
What do you think ?

I could tell you all about the passing clouds and the changing light and what I had for breakfast etc but you too have clouds , and skies and have had a breakfast and or dinner , so I will desist from writing about the mundane world of my vapid thoughts -

Did you ever read '' country notes '' in the Guardian london) - you can download most of the paper free from here at least . try it.
I sent CP a piece I wrote in her 'voice'- did you read it ?

Whats your blog .
We can read one another when I am less afflicted with inertia .

How did you find me - I thought it was '' grumpy old men '' - but as good as it gets hits much the same spot at my age .

5 comments:

Ed said...

Welcome back.

donkylemore said...

Sorry Ed
O didn't know it was you. Back again to rant and rave and not go gently into that good night

donkylemore said...

He is just a stigma without the 'conservative'

donkylemore said...

and as Groucho Marks said '' of course the reverse is equally true ''

Ed said...

Lol. Again, welcome back -I'll behave.